Hannah SalterAttorney - Of Counsel
I started my practice at a large firm representing insurance and trucking companies. While representing them, I learned many important things. First, I learned the ins and outs of insurance companies, and what they consider when evaluating your claim. Second, I learned the main weakness of these insurance companies – they treated every person like a number and did not consider the true value, and in many instances, the tragic loss a person had sustained.
Insurance companies are in the business of making money and their mantra is to deny, avoid and give you the run around until you give up.
Almost every personal injuryf case involves a claim against an insurance company. I realized many people who were making claims against these insurance companies through their personal injury attorneys did not have adequate representation.
Simply put, their personal injury attorneys had no attention to detail, and in fact, were managing their client’s case just like the insurance companies. These personal injury attorneys did not know their client’s claims, and often as a result, many people were deprived of the compensation they were rightfully owed from the insurance companies. This bothered me.
Because of my frustration with my insurance company clients, and my thoughts so many people deserved better representation, I decided to start my own firm, Salter Law, LLC, and I partner with other personal injury lawyers to help them on their high-profile and high-stakes cases. I do not cut corners and you are not a number. My aim is to know exactly what you want so I can get you there.What Kind of Cases Have I Handled?
- Death and Catastrophic Injury from Automobile and Trucking Accidents
- Accidents on Offshore Rigs
- Biking and Pedestrian Accidents
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Claims against Insurance Companies for Penalties Failing to Properly and Timely Evaluate Claims
- Slip and Fall, Trip and Fall and Premises Liability
- Accidents with Minor and Major Injuries
- Accidents involving Drinking and Driving
- Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Wrongful Death
At the end of the day, I long for the rewarding feeling that comes with working through a difficult time with someone to reach a positive outcome. It’s encouraging to be consulted and for someone to put their trust in you. Knowing someone is relying on me, makes me the best advocate I can be.What is the Best Legal Advice You Have for Us?
You should always consult an attorney when you have a question, never rely on what someone else told you about their experience with a legal dispute.How is Your Background Helpful to You in the Legal Industry?
I am from a small town and have a background in marketing. I am naturally creative and inventive. You must ask yourself, how can I bring value to my client’s case and make it stand out above all the others? My background makes me a unique and untypical advocate.What is the Best Advice You Have Received on How to Bring Added Value to a Case?
Go to the scene, talk to people, investigate and get out of the office. A case is about the facts and rarely are cases won sitting behind a desk. Visuals are also extremely important considering the way people now consume information.
J.D. and Diploma in Comparative Law, Louisiana State University
- Highest Award for Legal Research and Writing
- Chancellor’s List
- Law Ambassador
- American Inn of Court
- National Trial Competitions and Board of Trial Advocacy Program
- Founding Member of Fraternity and Sorority National Leadership Committee focusing on lobbying for laws to benefit collegiate community
- Comparative Law Program in France
B.A. Business Administration, Northwestern State University
- Completed 4 year degree in 3 years graduating summa cum laude
- Education conference coordinator for largest student-lead conference in the nation
- Assistant to University President selected and paid through merit scholarships
- Lobbyist in Washington, DC
- Regent Scholar
- Louisiana Public Broadcasting Excellence Award
Louisiana Bar Association
New Orleans Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2016-2020
- Blue Goose International Meeting: "Aspects of Insurance Fraud in Louisiana: The Latest Trends", March 2013
- Rimkus Continuing Education Seminar: "Ethically Investigating First Party Claims", May 2013
- New Orleans Claims Association Seminar: "Email and Electronic Etiquette", January 2014
- Louisiana 20th Annual Louisiana Claims Association Educational Conference: "Instagram, Twitter and Everything in Between: A Course on How to Effectively and Ethically Use Social Media in Defending Personal Injury Lawsuits", June 2014
- Louisiana 21st Annual Louisiana Claims Association Educational Conference: "Locked and Loaded: A Complete Guide to Handling Negligent Security Claims", June 2015
- Louisiana Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Panelist, December 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019